Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Ramos Family

The Ramos Family
So we recently bought a fixer home.  The remodel seemed like a dauntless task but with a good recommendation from a friend we found the BEST contractor ever!  If you're in Seattle and you have a home project, I HIGHLY recommend Ramos Construction. I'll link to his website once it's up. 
I was talking with Jeff last week and he said he went to my website/blog and loved my work.  He wanted a set of family portrait crayons.  I was so excited and honored he liked my work that much.  This is a set of Jeff, his wife (and future baby ^_^) and Thomas the dog.

The Wife
The Wife:
I wanted to make a bigger belly... it was hard given the limitations of the crayon.  I really like how her curly hair turned out.

Thomas the Dog
Thomas the Dog:
He's a black lab.  I chose grey because the details show better on grey then black.  I also added a collar and tag detail after taking this pic. 

Jeff the Builder
Jeff the Builder:
I like to think this is what Santa Claus would have looked like when he was younger.  Jeff rocks the beard.  I added pupils to his eyes after taking this pic. 

5 comments:

Emma said...

Wow! I just found your blog and I love it. I couldn't stop scrolling through your archives.

Diem Chau said...

Thanks Emma :) Sorry for the delay in responding! We're in a middle of a move.

Tracy said...

Just found your site, your work and your vision. You and what you do are a bone deep delight. Where can I see your work in Southern California?

Diem Chau said...

Thanks Tracy!
I have a few crayons at 5th Floor Gallery in LA, but nothing south of there. I do tend to show a lot in SF (great eats!).

Tracy said...

Next time I'm up that way, I'll find out where you're playing.. and as to eats, oh my yes. and how!