Thursday, August 12, 2010

Trying to Work

Today I went through some of my clutter and cleaned up/organized a few things.  I've been trying to get back to work lately.  I've had a lot of problems with concentrating on my ideas and with feeling unmotivated.  Probably the biggest cause of this is letting stuff build up around me, both physically and mentally.  Piles of junk mail, old magazines, things I no longer use or need just sitting around.  Worst yet, remnants of half finished projects constantly lingering in my peripheral view.  I keep thinking, "I'll get that to the Goodwill" or "that's going to the dump... I've got to shred these".  Instead of doing it I just keep thinking about it.  I've had this to do list circling in my head with a sprinkling of new ideas that I keep wanting to try.  It feels like the tornado scene from the Wizard of Oz in my head!  I can hear the music now...

Trying to work.
I feel more focused now that a few piles are gone.  It's funny how getting rid of stuff can be so liberating.  Guy and I sat in the garden for a few hours while I looked through some books and did some sketching. 

2 comments:

Grace Willard said...

I hope you are feeling more motivated soon! I love your art and can't wait to see what you come up with next :)

I can relate to being weighed down my clutter...I always imagine it like wearing the albatross from Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner...

Diem Chau said...

Thanks Grace, I made some headway in the clutter.